The Guyana Tourism Authority (GTA) is a statutory body with the principal responsibility for the development of tourism in Guyana and was created by an Act of Parliament on June 11, 2002.
Its mission is:
"To promote the sustainable development of tourism in Guyana that produces maximum economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits, while minimizing negative impacts as part of an integrated national development strategy through the optimal use of human resources and the provision of a product of the highest quality."
The Guyana Tourism Authority (GTA) is headed by Mr. Indranauth Haralsingh, Director and is governed by a Board of Directors consisting (9) members.
Guyana Tourism Authority
National Exhibition Center
Tel: 592 219 0094-6
Fax: 592 219 0093
Website: www.guyana-tourism.com | www.guyanabirding.com
The main areas of responsibility of the Guyana Tourism Authority are:
- To strengthen human resources for the tourism industry .
- Monitoring and regulation of all standards applicable in all sectors of the industry .
- Collection of data to support planning for tourism .
- Dissemination of information relevant to the status and development of the tourism industry.
- Design and implementation of effective marketing strategies.
- Raising levels of tourism awareness in all regions of Guyana .
- Improvement of transportation services to and from and within Guyana .
- Development of attractions and facilities that would generate tourism .
- Provision of training opportunities for development of the tourism industry .
- Implementation of measures to sustain a positive image of Guyana abroad .
- Advise and recommend integrated, complementary, sustainable land use practices and environmental strategies for the development of tourism facilities in Guyana.
The following are partners of the GTA, whom we work with to develop and market this beautiful destination.