For persons travelling from countries whose passport holders require a visa to enter Guyana and who may be unable to apply at any of Guyana’s missions or consulates, visas will be issued on arrival. In this regard, the following guidelines are offered:
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR VISAS ON ARRIVAL
1. Two photographs, as well as name and address of inviter/sponsor to be provided on arrival; Name and address of hotel if visitor is a tourist;
2. Letter of invitation from inviter/sponsor to be presented on arrival;
3. Telephone number and/or e-mail address of inviter/sponsor and intended place of stay to be provided on arrival;
4. Evidence of finances to cover expenses for 30 days to be provided on arrival;
5. Applications will be rejected if the above criteria are not fulfilled;
6. A maximum of two (2) Extensions of Stay will be granted. Each Extension of Stay will be for a period of one (I) month.
NB: All visitors require a passport which is valid for at least 6 months. Those arriving by plane are required to have an onward plane ticket.
VISA FEESUS$25.00 for visitors
For a period of one (1) month in the first instance, and an additional US$25.00 for each Extension of Stay.
US$140.00 for employment
For a period of three (3) years in the first instance and an additional US$140.00 will be charged for each three (3) year renewal.
US$140.00 for students
For a period of three (3) years in the first instance and US$140.00 for each three (3) year renewal
US$140.00 for business persons
For Five (5) years in the first instance and an additional US$140.00 will be charged for each five (5) year renewal.