New Immigration Procedures / Visa Fees
The Ministry of Home Affairs wishes to advise the general public of the new procedures governing the issuance of visas for visitors, students and business persons.
Download the full details and application form in .pdf here
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR VISAS ON ARRIVAL
1. a. Two photographs, as well as name and address of sponsor to be provided on arrival
b. Name and address of hotel if visitor is a tourist.
2. Letter of invitation from sponsor to be presented on arrival.
3. Telephone and/or e-mail address of sponsor and place of stay to be provided on arrival.
4. Evidence of finances to cover expenses for 30 days to be provided on arrival.
5. Applications will be rejected if the above criteria are not fulfilled.
6. A maximum of two (2) Extensions of Stay will be granted. Each Extension of Stay will be for a period of one (I) month.
1. Name and address, telephone, fax numbers, e-mail address of the registered/accredited institution where studies will be done to be provided to the Ministry of Home Affairs, prior to arrival of student.
2. Copy of acceptance letter of the student from the competent authority at the registered/accredited institution to be provided directly by the school to the Ministry of HomeAffairs, before arrival of the student.
3. Address and phone number of place of stay of student, while in Guyana, to be provided to the Ministry of Home Affairs, by registered/accredited Institution.
4. Evidence of financial support to be provided to the Ministry of Home Affairs, by the accredited/registered school.
5. Student visa will be issued on arrival, and student and school so notified.
6. The application will be rejected if the above criteria are not fulfilled, and the authorities of the registered/accredited institution will be notified.
7. Visa will be granted for a three (3) year period.
1. Name of Company, name of representative, nature of business and address of business contact (s) in Guyana to be provided to Ministry of Home Affairs, before travelling to Guyana.
2. Address and telephone number of place of stay, while in Guyana to be provided to Ministry of Home Affairs.
3. Name of Company, name of representative to be provided.
4. Visas will be granted for a five (5) year period.
I. Contact information of sponsor/mentor to be provided to Ministry of Home Affairs.
2. Contact information about place of stay to be provided.
3. Evidence from home country of business credentials.
4. Applications will be rejected if the above conditions are not fulfilled
For a period of one (1) month in the first instance, and an additional US$25.00 for each EoS
US$140.00 for students
For a period of three (3) years in the first instance and US$140.00 for each three (3) year renewal
US$140.00 for business persons
For Five (5) years in the first instance and an additional US$140.00 will be charged for each five (5) year renewal